Thursday, November 20, 2008
Eight shows I love to watch: (only 8? how will I narrow it down?)
1. Life (my most favorite show)
2. Pushing Daisies
3. The Office
5. Amazing Race
8. Robin Hood (BBC)
Eight of my favorite Restaurants:
1. Texas Roadhouse (I love, love, their ribs!)
2. The Landmark
3. Outback (best house salad)
4. California Pizza Kitchen
5. Olive Garden (lunch only-I could eat their zuppa tuscana and breadsticks everyday!)
6. Chick fil A (o.k. I don't know how to spell the dumb name, but favorite fast food)
7. Rubios (mainly because there is one in Casa Grande)
8. Joe's BBQ (well, it's Chad's favorite anyways)
Eight things that happened yesterday:
1. woke up at 5am (no reason, not normal) and folded 4 loads of laundry
2. drove kids up to the bustop on the 4-wheeler
3. organized master closet & office
4. worked on a couple mortgages
5. took kids to Jackson's soccer practice
6. made chicken enchiladas for dinner
7. watched t.v. while Chad was at scouts
8. Drank some theraflu and went to bed (trying to fight a cold that is threatening)
Eight things I am looking forward to:
1. Cooler weather!
2. going on an Alaskan cruise with my husband for our 10th anniversary!
3. not having to buy diapers!
4. no more car seats!
5. spending thanksgiving in flagstaff with 3 of my siblings
6. grandma's sleepover so Chad and I can go on a date
7. seeing 'Twilight' this saturday with some friends, sister, and sister-in-law!
8. getting Lauren to quit her security blanket!
Eight things on my wish list:
1. a cleaning lady!
2. that my friend Lacie would move back to Coolidge!
3. a temple here in Coolidge or at least Casa Grande
4. to see my parents more often
5. my kids could see their Granpa and Grandma Perrins more often
6. a cabin on the lake that we could escape to during the summer
7. my primary class would remember everything they were taught, and stop talking when I am talking!
8. more patience with my sweet children. They are great kids and deserve better!
Eight people I tag:
4. Jennifer L.
5. Jennifer W.
7. LeaAnn (oh, wait! you don't have a blog!)
8. You, if you're reading this!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
There goes my mother of the year award! Shoot! And I was so close! Ha ha! I managed to pick Ressa up from dance on time and then get Carson before Jackson's game started, so it all ended up fine. The end.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
#1 -Yesterday, Veteren's Day, I asked Frank to help me apply some sealant to our slate tile in the bathroom. It took us a couple hours and the fumes were pretty potent. We wore masks, but they didn't seem to help much. It has been 36 hours and our house still smells pretty bad. Chad and I slept in the guest room downstairs and we couldn't use our favorite pillows because they had absorbed the fumes. Anyways, the end result is terrific and hopefully we won't have to do it again for a few years. I am so grateful to Frank, for all the help he gives me and our family. I am usually too impatient with projects to wait for a weekend when Chad isn't too busy with scouts or service. Frank is very handy and supportive!
#2 - So we were careful to make sure we didn't paint ourselves into a corner and when we finally finished, we stood in the bathroom doorway and admired our handy work, finishing in just enough time to change our clothes and take the kids to see "High School Musical 3". Change our clothes...clothes...my clothes are in the closet...the closet is through the bathroom...the floor is covered in wet lacquer...HOW AM I GOING TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES?? You can see the outfit I was wearing below. Maybe if I was going to Walmart or the Dollar Tree, I would say, "Sure. No problem. Who cares?" But to the movies? I quickly thought about the laundry and wondered if I had done a load recently I could find something to wear. Nope. I had put it all away the day before. Shoot! And my toothbrush? I hadn't brushed my teeth yet and that is clear on the other side of the bathroom, but I knew I could climb up onto the counter and walk across to get it and my makeup. Still though, no clothes. I guess I would have to stay home from the movie and let the kids go with Grandpa and Grandma. Grandma! That's it! Fortunately, Elaine and I wear the same size clothing! I hurried down to her house and asked if I could borrow some clothes and she hooked me up right away! Thanks, Elaine!
Monday, November 10, 2008
You can tell his leg must hurt just a little by this picture. I feel bad that he has to wear pants all the time to church and work, so that doesn't help. But he is not complaining as much as Terrance on "The Amazing Race"! Is that guy the biggest pansy you have ever seen? He drives me crazy!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
- Loves oranges, peaches, tomatos, soda, goldfish, most candy, cashews, fruity pepples, waffles, cupcakes, pizza, capri suns, and popsicles or "po-pocks"
- She refuses to sit in any kind of high chair or booster seat even though she needs one. She stands on the bar stool next to her brothers and sister when she eats, tempting gravity on a regular basis.
- She sucks on the satin corners of min-blankets for comfort, leaving an attractive brown discoloration that will not be removed in the wash. She calls these blankets "ni-nights" and I have lost track of how many I have purchased and thrown away.
- Shares a full size bed with her sister. She is a wild sleeper so sometimes when Ressa gets up in the night to go the bathroom, Lauren rolls over onto Ressa's side. Ressa then comes and wakes me up to tell me.
- Loves to sing the "monkeys jumpin' on the bed" song
- Thinks she is the absolute FIRST person to get a turn riding the horse.
- LOVES her grandpa and dad first and mom and grandma a close 2nd. (Has grandpa wrapped around her little finger!)
- Loves to go on rides with grandpa on the 4-wheeler
- Not a morning person, much like her mother
- Very good at enteraining herself and loves to "play house" and play outside.
- Loves to hang upside down and ride on Jackson's back like a horse, saying "Gid-up!"
- Loves taking baths with Ressa
- Loves swimming and has no fear of going underwater. Hurray!
- Calls most kids her age "kiddie".
- She is pretty clear on what she wants and determined to get it. She is very sassy and bossy, but she is so cute that you find yourself smiling instead of scolding sometimes.
- Hated nursery for the first 6 months and then loves it now that there is a male teacher in there. She loves wooden puzzles and they have them in nursery so she calls her class "puzzle"
We love you so much, Lauren! You are so unique and fun and you charm everyone that meets you! It is amazing to watch you grow into a little person with your own opinions, feelings, and imagination. We all get such a kick out of watching you strut around and do your thing. You have no fear (except for dogs!) and you will try new things without a second thought. You have such a BIG personality for such a SMALL little girl! This next year of your life will sure to be full of many adventures!