Friday, February 6, 2009

Angie's Baby Shower

Chad's cousin, Brad, lives in Casa Grande and he & his wife, Anige, are expecting their first child this month. We are their only family here so we have really enjoyed getting to know them better. They are one of "those" people who are not finding out what sex their baby is. Those of you that know me, know I am not a big "surprise" person. Probably something to do with control issues... Anyways, I talked Elaine into helping me throw a baby shower for Angie, which is kinda rude since Elaine is in the middle of tax season. Oops! But who else can make such yummy homemade rolls, chicken salad, and fruit pizza? In this picture, Angie is in the middle, and Chad's sister, Crystal (also pregnant!) is on the right.
I took on the rest of the work, making invitations (which turned out to be fun!), games, decorations, and the rest of the food. I decided that I wanted to try making a diaper cake, but my friend Laura took pity on me and helped me out. I brought her the stuff and this is the masterpiece she created. Thanks, Laura! I really do have great friends! The theme for the shower was "bring-a-book" so that is why I made little books for all of the stuffed animals to read. Angie got so many fun books to start her baby's library! I sort of forgot to take any pics during the shower since I was a little busy. Sorry, Angie!