Saturday, January 17, 2009

Farewell, Nasty Ni-Night!

Some of you will be thrilled to hear that we have officially said good bye to Lauren's security blanket! Well, at least I am pretty sure that by posting this announcement that I will be able to follow through with it and not give in again! And when I say, security blanket, of course I mean the little pink blanket that she sucks on and I don't mean the original blanket. We threw that one away months and ago and have replaced it over a dozen times over the past several months. I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent on replacement blankets at $8.99 a pop. So better late than never, so they say. I am embarassed that it has taken me this long, but Lauren has proven to be the exception to too many rules. I have new resolve to take control of the situation and the first step is acknowledging the problem. My daughter is a spoiled ****, and I have no one else to blame but myself (and my husband, and her grandparents, and my friends, and complete strangers taken in by her charms). I am the one who spends the most time with her and so it is up to me to say enough is enough! I am the boss, right? Right. I love my little girl and she brings me great joy, singing songs all the time, pretending her dinosaur is chasing her, using a domino to eat her yogurt, and how she loves me to draw on her back. I hope we can make this transition without too much fuss! Wish me luck!