So we headed off on Monday morning and drove the long drive with no incidents and the kids did great! I'll say one thing about New Mexico: it is very flat and straight, making for an easy drive. Even the one section that goes up a mountain wasn't very curvy. Lacie and her sisters were waiting for us and didn't mind that I had been driving ALL day and had a night of games planned. We had a great time!
Lacie had a lot of family around so it made us feel at home. I was there over New Years so we celebrated with a big family get together at Lacie's house and ate her famous shredded beef tacos and played games all night. Carson even stayed up 'til midnight! Way to go, Carson! I was sad that Chad wasn't with us and my sister told me that it means bad luck for the new year if you don't kiss your significant other on New Years. Oops! The next day we drove to Lubbock, TX and went to the science center, saw a movie, then went to Lacie's sister Breana's for pizza. That was a great day! I will say another thing about New Mexico and Texas (at least Lubbock): it sure is WINDY! I don't know how people even function there! There is no point in putting any sort of effort into your hair and good luck opening and shutting your car door!
It was sad to say good bye after 3 days of fun, but my poor sick hubby was missing us and Lauren wanted her daddy too. We headed back on Friday and the drive back was great once again. We made good time and we were all glad to see Chad (and grandpa and grandma) again!