Sunday, June 6, 2010

Best Friend of the Year

And the award goes to....me.

The last year has seen a great exodus of families moving out of Coolidge. I have said good bye to many good friends. I have consoled myself that my two closest friends here are not going anywhere (knock on wood). So what do I do to show them my undying love and friendship? Completely forget their birthdays, which happen to be a week apart. Yep. That's how thoughtful I am. And I don't mean just forget. Really, not even had a clue.

Now I can blame the fact that NEITHER of these ladies are on facebook, so how am I supposed to know without a little birthday reminder in the upper right hand corner? Or that they don't talk about their big day weeks before, during, and after, like myself. That is no excuse and I feel SOOOOOO bad about it.

Maybe the only way to salvage these two important relationships is to tell them both how much I love them and appreciate their friendship.

Lucy: You are such an incredible person and I thank you for all that you teach me. You are strong in ways that I am weak. You are confident and strong without being loud and obnoxious. Thank you for sharing your insights and wisdom with me on a regular basis. We are so alike and so different at the same time, and I love it! Thank you for putting up with my nonsense and constant jabber! You rock!

Sarah: How I love our phone chats in the mornings while we do chores! I always look forward to talking with you and swapping stories. You are one of the kindest people I know. Is it weird to say that you are a good influence on me? Well it is true.  I am amazed by your capacity to love others unconditionally.  I thank you for reawakening my passion for reading. (Chad may not thank you, but I do!) You also rock!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

3 comments:

LucyH said...

How sweet! That was a great birthday gift even though one was not even needed! I am so glad you are here in coolidge with me. You are right, we are alike but so different and I think we compliment each other in a lot of good ways. Thank you for the kind words and yes, we are here for a long time! Looking forward to our next camping adventure...Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I know this is a little belated, but "thank you!" You always make me laugh and I love to share conversation with you. You have the ability to speak honestly and openly without guile. What a refreshing talent! I admire your confidence. I know that sometimes it is easy to think you are overlooked- that people assume you do not need anything. I think this is because you are one of those individuals that people lean against and rely upon. So, thanks for being my rock! You rock (he-he)!

Anonymous said...

What a good friend you are Sarah. I love ya!