Saturday, December 11, 2010

My creative side

 Now I have never made a cake for any of my kids birthdays. I don't bake cookies. I use flour on the rarest of occasions. But I do love making gingerbread houses. Strange, I know. But several years ago our family started a tradition of decorating gingerbread houses at Thanksgiving and I thought it was so fun. It has been a few years now that I have made one, so when Bret and Hollie invited us to their annual party, I was excited and started planning in my head what we could do. I immediately thought of the new movie, 'Tangled', thinking that the tower would be fun to do. Of course, I still haven't had the chance to see the movie yet! So I looked at pictures online and made out a design. Chad was along for the ride, but he was a great help and we finished just barely on time! We had alot of fun and I am happy to announce that we were awarded 1st place! Woo Hoo! Thanks, Bret and Hollie, for inviting us (even if you decide not to have us back again next year).


I know the pictures are hard to see very well, but those are marshmallow 'cliffs' in the background. The rule is that everything has to be edible, so Chad said we really should be disqualified because broccoli really isn't edible.



The 3rd place winner was the 'crapper can'. So funny!

 
2nd Place was also based on Rapunzel, entitled "Let your hair down". They used alot of gingerbread and made an incredible castle!



1 comment:

Carrie Perrins said...

Great Job Sarah! You are a very creative person.
Love it.