Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow day!

The kids won't let a winter go by without taking a snow day up to the mountains. Presidents' Day turned out to be the day, so we packed up our snow gear (however too small!) and headed up to Young Mountain. It still amazes me that snow is only a 1 1/2 drive away! We found a great spot to play in by ourselves and the kids went at it for a good two hours. We did a little sledding, but really, Jackson and Carson are all about snowball fighting and Ressa is all about making snowmen and angels. These pics are taken with Chad's phone, so not my best.







I swear we could not find ONE SINGLE pebble on the ground. So I went and got some of our snacks in the car to help Ressa finish off her little snowman. Whatever!


A great day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! that is amazing you have snow so close.. I however am so sick to death of snow and would trade you places any day!! :)

Your kids look like they are having the time of their lives, great memories! I love that snowman's hair, that totally cracks me up.

Your family is so cute!