Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring Break Part Deux

I am not blogging about Spring Break Part I because we went to San Diego and had so much fun that I made a photo book about it. So now we are on to Spring Break Part Deux! Lacie brought her sister Averi and the kids over for a whole week! My kids were back in school, but it wasn't too big a deal. We had so much fun just hanging out. Lacie's baby Chandler is such a sweetheart! We went to the ostrich farm, had a 16th birthday party for Averi and set her up on two dates while she was here! I know how to entertain and invited them all the the cub scout blue and gold banquet, too.

Funny story: So I take Carson and Jackson and head over early to the pack meeting so I can pick up my friend Melissa and her three kids. They only have one car and so they often need a ride to things. Lacie was going to bring the rest of the clan and meet us at the church. So Melissa and I arrive at the church and go in to the gym where the banquet is set up. I immediately walk over to Sarah C. and say hello. Ashley, a new member in our ward who I met earlier that week at a playgroup, rushes up to me and whispers frantically in my ear that my shorts have ripped up the back, exposing my entire left, garmetted, butt-cheek! I crane my neck to look back to make sure she wasn't crazy, and sho' nuff! I immediately plop down in the chair right behind me and there I sit while Sarah heads off to the rescue to get me another pair of pants from her house. One minute after she leaves, in comes Lacie with the rest of the kids, Lauren in the lead with a tissue held up to her nose and blood all over her shirt. Apparently, Ressa was trying to pull on something in the car and her elbow released back right into Lauren's nose. Fortunately, Lacie ran into Sarah in the parking lot and Sarah said she would grab another shirt for her, too. So Super Sarah saves the day! She returns with some of my own pants I had lent her a while ago and a clean shirt for Miss Lauren. All dressed and ready for a fun-filled Pack Meeting! Oh, where was Chad during all this, you ask? Home Teaching. The boys were getting a lot of awards that night so I pleaded with him to PLEASE keep his HT visit under an hour, but after having the leaders stall as long as they could, they couldn't wait any longer. But Chad finally came and I think he got there in time for the last couple awards. Hooray!





















Friends of Lacie's (and mine) that are still in the area came over for lunch and to visit. I miss our friends that have moved away but when we get together it seems like old times!

No comments: