Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dance Recital



 Ressa decided to quit karate after one year and focus on her dance career. That was written with a touch of sarcasm. It was becoming too difficult for her to attend her karate class held in the same school gym where her friends were also having dance class. I finally relented and she said good bye to Mr. Mehr and hello to CoolImage Dance Studio. My friends Tiffany and Missy started the studio a couple years ago out of Tiffany's garage and it has grown into a huge success with 150 students. Ressa started in the Fall, taking two classes: Hip Hop/Jazz and Ballet/Tap. She has loved it and it turns out she has a really good memory and learns the dances quickly. Chad and I hadn't seen her really dance until her recital in May and we were blown away at how well she did and so proud of her! I don't know how she keeps from getting so nervous, but she just goes out there and doesn't let crowds bother her. I know that I can get up in front of people pretty easily, but that certainly wasn't the case when I was 7 years old! Way to go, Ressa!





No comments: