Friday, February 6, 2009

Angie's Baby Shower

Chad's cousin, Brad, lives in Casa Grande and he & his wife, Anige, are expecting their first child this month. We are their only family here so we have really enjoyed getting to know them better. They are one of "those" people who are not finding out what sex their baby is. Those of you that know me, know I am not a big "surprise" person. Probably something to do with control issues... Anyways, I talked Elaine into helping me throw a baby shower for Angie, which is kinda rude since Elaine is in the middle of tax season. Oops! But who else can make such yummy homemade rolls, chicken salad, and fruit pizza? In this picture, Angie is in the middle, and Chad's sister, Crystal (also pregnant!) is on the right.
I took on the rest of the work, making invitations (which turned out to be fun!), games, decorations, and the rest of the food. I decided that I wanted to try making a diaper cake, but my friend Laura took pity on me and helped me out. I brought her the stuff and this is the masterpiece she created. Thanks, Laura! I really do have great friends! The theme for the shower was "bring-a-book" so that is why I made little books for all of the stuffed animals to read. Angie got so many fun books to start her baby's library! I sort of forgot to take any pics during the shower since I was a little busy. Sorry, Angie!


5 comments:

Danielle said...

You did a fabulous job, Sarah! That was nice of you to do that for her. It's sad to be away from family and need important things like baby showers!

Lea Ann said...

I didn't know Crystal was pregnant. How far? What is she having? Great job on the shower!

Anonymous said...

Oh fun. I bet it turned out fabulous.

Laura said...

great diaper cake! it was fun. Looks like the shower turned out perfectly!

Drew Watts said...

Wow!! Such a lovely baby shower. I really liked everything here especially the cake looks yummy and beautiful too. Planning to throw my best friend baby shower at one of San Francisco event venues. Want to gather some wonderful ideas for the day.