Saturday, January 17, 2009

Farewell, Nasty Ni-Night!

Some of you will be thrilled to hear that we have officially said good bye to Lauren's security blanket! Well, at least I am pretty sure that by posting this announcement that I will be able to follow through with it and not give in again! And when I say, security blanket, of course I mean the little pink blanket that she sucks on and I don't mean the original blanket. We threw that one away months and ago and have replaced it over a dozen times over the past several months. I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent on replacement blankets at $8.99 a pop. So better late than never, so they say. I am embarassed that it has taken me this long, but Lauren has proven to be the exception to too many rules. I have new resolve to take control of the situation and the first step is acknowledging the problem. My daughter is a spoiled ****, and I have no one else to blame but myself (and my husband, and her grandparents, and my friends, and complete strangers taken in by her charms). I am the one who spends the most time with her and so it is up to me to say enough is enough! I am the boss, right? Right. I love my little girl and she brings me great joy, singing songs all the time, pretending her dinosaur is chasing her, using a domino to eat her yogurt, and how she loves me to draw on her back. I hope we can make this transition without too much fuss! Wish me luck!

9 comments:

The Husted Handful said...

Good Luck MOm!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I just looked at Lauren's picture. How can you be soooo cruel! :)

Lea Ann said...

I am glad I don't live in your house to witness the tantrums from your choice. She may be cute but she is determined.

Sarah Rowley said...

Actually, this is the 2nd day and she is handling it very well. I would say she is even happier now that it is gone. Does that make sense? She is not going to sleep at night very easily, but she hasn't for the past week anyways.

Danielle said...

Yes, that makes sense, oddly enough! Boy, one can sure feel victorious when the security items are finally abolished!! Good luck with the ongoing task.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck. That is great.

Lauren is such a sweetie. She'd have anyone wrapped around her finger, so I can see where it'd be hard :-)

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Oh sad day for Lauren! Ry missed her on Sunday going into nursery.

Heidi said...

Good luck with that! Hope it is going well! How cute is her eating yogurt with a domino? That's a first!

Heather said...

Good luck girlfriend.

I have to have because this reminds me of Kirk telling his story of losing his blankie.. his siblings would cut a little strip off every night.. until there was nothing left. The big meanies. They still tease him about it. He's the baby of the family can you tell? ha!