Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Almost" sleepover party!

Ressa finally turned 6 years old on October 3rd! She is the youngest in her class at school, so it was a relief for her to now be 6 years old like everyone else! I asked Ressa what kind of party she wanted to have, and after a minute of thinking, she said "how about a pajama party?" What a relief! I had no idea what to do and was not in the celebrating spirit, my creative juices all dried up. But a pajama party had so many possibilities without being obnoxious. I started to get excited about the upcoming event and Ressa notice the change. "Mom, how come you are so excited about my party NOW?"

Ressa invited her usual suspects: Audrie, Auralee, Addy, Isabelle, Lauren & Payton S. A new friend, Salma, was also able to come. She is in Ressa's class and her mom, Tina, was able to come and help me throughout the 3 hour celebration. Chad took the boys and Lauren to Pizza Hut, but came back after only 1 1/2 hours and asked if we were almost done! Not quite, buddy! So they hid out in our bedroom but Lauren joined the party, of course.



Here are the girls all together with their eye masks!
.We all had such a great time! I couldn't ask for a sweeter daughter in Ressa. I am so proud of the girl she is becoming; so good to her friends, enthusiastic about life, and ready for any adventure! Happy birthday, sweety!

 


7 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Happy birthday, what a fun party! Are you sooooo glad they didn't sleep over!

Danielle said...

What a fun birthday idea! I love it when kids are so creative in an easy and affordable way!

Happy Birthday, Ressa!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! That is an awesome idea. I bet the girls were in heaven.

I know what you mean. Sy is so young too. He'll be 6 on Oct 29th. We're almost there!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah Happy Birthday Ressa!! Gettting so old!! We can't wait to see you all in December!

Laura said...

Happy birthday, Ressa! You sure know how to throw a party!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone, but I tried to hack my PSP once and screwed it up (bricked it because I did a step wrong), so I am a little nervous. Is there any potential for something to go wrong and I break my phone? What am I able to do once I jailbreak it?
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]

maria said...

All the pictures shared in this post states one thing for clear that they have had a real great time celebrating birthday.....Enjoy kids...and have fun.
caribbean cruise