Thursday, November 4, 2010

Princess Party


I was so excited when I realized that we had planned our school Fall Festival on Lauren's 4th birthday. What a lucky girl to have a whole festival celebration on her special day! Of course, when I told Lauren, she said, "Wow! Is that before or after my princess party?" Lauren has been telling everyone that she is having a princess party for a year now, since the day after her Scooby Doo themed 3rd bday party. I really thought she would get over it since so much time has gone by and she really only dresses up when Cora come over to play. Well, even though things have been a bit hectic lately, I decided to throw a quick party with her friends from preschool during the day. They all wore the dresses to school and then I picked them up and brought them here for a little fun. I love the dollar store and Walmart!


I got some face paint and found a fun idea online and painted each girl's face. It was such a simple, yet pretty design. Didn't really take very long.


While the other girls waited their turn, Grandma Rowley helped them decorate their magic wands with foam stickers. Grandma was such a great help and made things run so smoothly. Thank you, Grandma!


Here is our pretty little princess! She is getting so big! Just not quite as big as the other 4 year olds.


 We had each friend sit by Lauren as she opened their gift to her. It was so sweet and not very chaotic. The girls were so well behaved, that I actually enjoyed every minute of the party!


I really don't know what this look was about, but I love it!




 Lauren was so excited to have her dear friend Haylee at her party. Haylee's family moved to Flagstaff for school, but Haylee has been here in Coolidge all week staying at her Aunt Holly's. These two girls have spent every day together!



After face painting and wand decorating, Grandma read a short story and then we went downstairs to open presents and watch Rapunzel until the parents came.





When I got back from taking Haylee home, this is what I found in the back seat. Awwww. Somebody was worn out from all the fun they had! You know, it was a very nice day today. Especially since the previous day was quite the opposite. Lauren and I have been butting heads all week, but yesterday was especially bad.  She can drive me crazy! But this morning when she asked, "Mom? Could I please have some milk?" instead of "I want a drink of milk" I knew we were off to a good start! I love you, Lauren! Thank you for making today worth the effort! XXXOOO

3 comments:

uniquelynat said...

that was fast! what an on the ball mom you are!!! they all look stunning in their gowns and make-up. so fun!

Unknown said...

You are so creative. I love the make-up.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

What a fun mom you are!!! Can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks