Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk or Treat


This is the 1st Trunk or Treat in 4 years that we have attended that I have not been on the Activities Committee. I have dreamed of the day our family could attend an activity without planning it or staying til 10pm cleaning up. That dream will have to wait, since the Elder's Quorum was assigned the Spook Alley and Chad is still the president. He needed help so we started setting up at 8am this morning and finished at noon.  The trunk or treat started at 6pm and everyone went home just after 8pm. It took us another 1 1/2 hrs to take it all down and didn't get home until 9:30pm. Ugh!


I really enjoyed getting the girls ready this year. Putting on makeup and doing hair. Good times!


 I tried to talk jackson into letting me make a cracker costume to go with his cheese head so he could be cheese and crackers. As you can see, I was not successful in convincing him. Ressa and Lauren were having a blast since their good friends, Audrie and Haylee came to visit from Flagstaff. Also, Lauren and Peyton Stone came, too!




 Ladies and Gentlemen! Your judges! Lauren won an award for being such a cute fruit bat.


Carson and Jackson had a good time, I think. At least this picture makes it look like they had a good time. Chad and I were so busy with the Spook Alley that we didn't get to spend much time with our kids. :(


 The Larsons. We sure miss them since they moved to Flagstaff while they go to school!


 The older kids came home from school after I had my little lunch party and they wanted a turn at bobbing for donuts. Carson couldn't stop laughing to take a bite!



2 comments:

Hollie said...

What fun! Our ward continues to do just trunk or treats which I think are lame...but the people aren't there until 10 cleaning up, so I guess it's a good idea for all.

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Great costumes!!