Sunday, January 23, 2011

December at-a-glance

December was a busy, busy month as always. I thought I would just post a handful of pictures of significant events and then move on to 2011, shall we?

Our ward did a float for the Coolidge Light Parade in the early part of the month. The theme was "We Believe..." and Chad and I and the girls walked along side and past out little candy cane messages while the boys rode on the trailer. The weather was perfect and we were glad we participated as we were the only float that depicted the Savior and the Nativity.




Ressa's soccer season ended. Yipee! I always dread the last few games when it gets colder and colder. Her coach was a bit of a tool, always substituting the girls and weakest boys out, as if we were in some ultra competitive league. Oh well.


A family in our ward makes a big breakfast for the homeless in Phoenix on Christmas morning. This year they asked for coat donations, and hygiene kits that they could pass out to the homeless. So the Rowley clan got together on a Saturday and assembled 30 kits, with each family assigned to bring a certain item/items. I chose to bring hand towels but the ones I found at the Dollar Tree were all white, so I bought some dye and dyed them all brown. Chad gave me a hard time, saying the homeless wouldn't care if their white towels showed the dirt, but I am stubborn. The kids had a good time putting them together!



Christmas Eve, we met Nate and Carrie at Polar Ice for some ice skating. It went alot smoother in my head. I didn't imagine the skates being THAT uncomfortable and the kids picking it up easier than they did. Let's just say I needed a back adjustment after holding on to the girls and slowing making our way around the rink. But the kids had fun and that is what matters.






Christmas Eve went smoothly, since all the preparations had been done in advance. It was just our little family this year, a first in a long time. I prefer a large crowd, but this year Chad's family wanted to do their own thing in the morning and meet up later. So we had a peaceful night and then Chad woke us all up at 6am to open presents. He is just like his mother! His parents came and joined us and it turned out to be a lovely, although quiet, Christmas morning! Chad's siblings all came later and we spent two days together. Elaine really outdid herself this year with all the acitivities and food. We had a treasure hunt, nativity play/talent show, and different activity stations. Pretty amazing!


New Years, we threw together a quick little party and a few friends were able to come. We had fun and most the kids were able to stay awake past midnight. 2010 was a good year and I am glad we got along so well. I hope the New Year is good to us, too!

No comments: