Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas with the Rowleys

This year was the first Christmas morning that our little family spent by ourselves. We always have someone from my family here in AZ staying the night. But this year LeaAnn drove home to Washington to spend the holidays with our parents, Nate went to Disneyland, and Sam stayed up in Flagstaff packing for another move. I was disappointed because I believe that the more really IS the merrier. But I have to say that I did enjoy how relaxing Christmas morning turned out to be. SO relaxing that I didn't take any pictures. I am disappointed by that fact. The kids enjoyed their presents: Carson loves his new keyboard, Ressa loves her new bike, Jackson got MORE cars, and Lauren a little arm chair all her own. It didn't take long to clean up the mess and head off to Grandma's for a nice breakfast and back for a nice long nap. We enjoyed the relative quiet, knowing that come afternoon, all of Chad's family would descend upon us for two days of endless activities and food!
Grandma Rowley had spent so much time and preparation for this year's nativity program! As each year brings more grandkids, the production (and cast!) gets bigger and bigger. We had to move the play inside the garage because of the bad weather, but there was plenty of room and we had a great time. After the play, we sang Christmas songs while Uncle Dennis played the harmonica and then played some games. Good times!

This is the one and only pic I took on Christmas morning of the boys heading out to play their new tag game.

No comments: