Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just Because...

Lucy said that I don't post often enough. This isn't very exciting info, unless you are my mother, so don't read on if you bore easily.

A few weeks ago I got out my box o' journals to look for a name. As I scanned the pages, I was reminded of what my youth experience was like, in particular, what dating was like for me. I started reading and just couldn't put the books down! (Stephenie Meyer, eat you heart out!)Now, I know that I am hardly a talented writer, but with such good material to write about, it didn't matter. I enjoyed reading them so much that when I was done I gave them to LeaAnn (my sister) to read. I know, you think I am crazy! But LeaAnn has always played an important role in my life and I mention her throughout my journaling so I thought she would get a kick out of it. Sure enough, she calls me to talk about what she read recently and laugh and discuss why things happened to me the way they did. Let's just say that I had an uncanny nack for attracting strange, obsessive, and upredictable guys. I am so grateful that I wrote those journals! If you would like to reserve your copy today...JK!:)

PTO lately- so 2 of our board members have just had babies and they were the two I could count on the most. My co-pres has started substitute teaching (full-time) at the school and taking night classes to get her certificate, so she can't make meetings and works all time. AHHHH! I feel a little overwhelmed, but there are couple ladies who have stepped up and pitch in when they can. Everyone is so busy, so I end up just doing most things myself. This Saturday we are having a car wash/bake sale to raise money for the spring carnival in April. Locks of Love will be there to cut hair for donations and a chiropractic/massage therapy group will be there to give free massages while people wait for their car! Should be fun!

Parent/Teacher Conferences- Just met with all three kids' teachers and they are all getting A's and doing well! I am so grateful for how well this half of the year has gone!

Lauren is not yet 2 1/2 but she is talking up a storm. She is such a chatterbox, and uses such big sentences all the time and you can even understand her! She is also a parrot. I took her to a visiting teaching appointment with me and she sat next to me and repeated the end of each sentence as I taught the lesson. It was hilarious! Poor Jaylyn was trying to be polite and keep a straight face! She is by far my brightest child at this age and I am concerned 'cause she has a November birthday so she is stuck at home with me for a few more years! I think she will have me pretty well figured out by the time she goes to school.

Ressa has a role as one of the three little pigs in a school musical/play! She is very excited and her two good friends are the other pigs. Still very excited about being a Daisy Scout!

Jackson had pneumonia last week and I am afraid it is taking a long time to get out of his system. He woke up coughing one night and couldn't stop long enough to breathe well. We tried giving him a breathing treatment and a hot shower, but nothing calmed him down. Chad finally took him to the ER. It was so sad to see him struggling so hard to breathe! Poor guy!

Carson gave his 2nd book report this week and he got 50/50! His teacher has really helped him to come out of his shell and express himself more clearly. I am so grateful to her and and thrilled that Carson is feeling more confident!

There has been a lot of commotion across the road from us on the 10 acres of dirt. Large tractors of all varieties moving dirt around. Turns out they are putting in another roping arena! I am not thrilled with having more cattle nearby, but Frank assures me that it will be just for 3-4 months out of the year. Most of the land will be used to plant burmuda grass, so that will be nice, I guess.

That's it for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess I'm not the only Jaylyn Rowley anymore, huh!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.