Monday, June 1, 2009

Kindergarten Grad!

I will be the first to say that I thought having a graduation ceremony for kindergarten was a bit ridiculous. I don't get what the big fuss is about, really. However, I appreciate that it means something to others, especially to the kindergartners themselves. So we went and Ressa was thrilled and the teachers did a great job and really made the kids feel special!

Each child got this fancy diploma and a few other little trinkets. I thought the paper graduation caps were the best! The ceremony was short and sweet and I am so glad that they had decided to split the 4 classses up and have two classes graduate the night before. I can't believe the turnout there is to these events!Since I could not navigate through the crowded isle gracefully, I sent Chad up to capture the magical moment when Ressa's name was called to get her diploma. Can you see how he captured it? There is Ressa's back right there on the very right of the picture. What's that saying, "If you want a job done right...." Oh well!









7 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! That is a lot of posting! Great posts, though. I do have to say, I share a little bit of the sentiment with graduations. I was a little relieved that Chase's teacher didn't do one for preschool.

Sorry about the insonmia!@#$% I was cracking up when I saw the times of your posts. A few of mine lately have been at odd hours. I feel your pain!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Cute post. Times have changed. We didn't have kindergarden when I went to school, but we made a very big deal about 8th grade graduation.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

How cute!! The picture of Ressa getting her diploma is priceless!! Way to post stuff. I am impressed!! Hey go check out my cake I made for Trip's birthday!

Heidi said...

I don't get kindergarten graduation either but it's cute! Ressa looks adorable. I love that girl. She is such a joy to watch in Primary. Her eyes are always on me and she just sings her little heart out. It's so dang cute! That's great Carson is taking piano. I can totally relate to him. I HATED recitals growing up.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was silly but Sy sure was excited. And I thought it was cute they sang a song. I remember the song they taught me when I was in kindergarten. Now that's crazy!!!

uniquelynat said...

i am yet another person that doesn't get it. but just like ressa, addie loved it. and it was sooo fun to see her excitement. and having had a child go through it....i still don't get it. but oh well. it was cute. and i was also glad they split the classes.

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Congrats to Ressa! On to 1st grade, wow time flies it seems like they just started this school year!