Monday, June 1, 2009

Roosevelt Lake Weekend

I know I am a cripple and have no business going camping for Memorial Weekend, but I just HAD to get out of this house! Some friends of ours were going to take their boat up to Roosevelt Lake, so we packed up the trailer and joined them. Of course, I knew I had certain limitations and Chad would need extensive help pulling everything off. Soooo, when the awesomest sister in the world called and offered to come with us and help out, I knew it was destiny! Since carrying around a camera while using crutches is impossible, not to mention hazardous, the only photos I have were taken by my dear brother-in-law, Walt. I have only included ONE of the dozen pics he took of the lake. They boy sure loves his scenery!
Didn't get many "people" pics, but here are couple shots of the cousins hangin' out.


We had the best time! The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and we got to know our friends, the Biggers & Shumways, better. I sat in the lake and put my foot up on a big rock, the kids swam and went tubing behind Mike's boat. LeaAnn and I enjoyed the indepedence of our children now that they are getting older and not so much maintenance. Finally! I did not want to come home and face reality again. It was so nice to be outside for a change and have Chad around all the time. Good times!


No comments: