Saturday, October 18, 2008

Critters!



I was closing to windows in the basement and found a little snake sitting on the window sill on the outside. Jackson and Ressa were so excited and climbed down the window well ladder and scooped him up. Ressa named him Fredward. Chad is always rescuing little toads that fall down through the metal grates, but this is the first snake we have seen. I don't know what kind it was but pretty sure it was harmless. Chad saw a king snake out here last year and they are harmless too. Those kind of critter I can handle! No scorpions, rattlesnakes, or tarantulas, please!

3 comments:

The Husted Handful said...

YUCK! You are braver than me!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I hate snakes. I don't care if they are harmless, they creep e out.

Marci McLain said...

My smarty pants husband says it is a green garter snake. Yes it is harmless. They apparently make great pets! You should feed them crickets. Jared is telling me what to write over my shoulder!