Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Halloween!!














So my love for Halloween has rubbed off on my children and they love to dress up and go to as many parties as they can. This year Ressa knew that she wanted to be a black cat but the boys needed some ideas. We looked at online costume stores and Jackson knew he wanted to be a Wheaties box as soon as he saw it. Carson had to decided between the whoopie cushion and a toilet. This weekend we had two "Trunk or Treats" to go to. Friday night was our ward party and I am on the activities committe so I was pretty busy, but we still had fun. The young men made a spook alley in the primary room and Carson and Jackson went through it 4 times! They just love scary stuff! We had a costume contest and Grandpa Rowley and his two grandsons won the "Kookiest" costume awards. You can see from the pictures where Carson and Jackson get their sense of humor! I had fun dressing up as Cleopatra, but started to notice some eye irritation from the fake eye lash glue toward the end of the evening. Saturday night was the trunk or treat that our school's PTO put on. Each time we have an event, we are so thrilled with the parent/student turn out and this time was no exception! People showed up early and decorated their cars and trucks to the hilt. I was very impressed, especially since most of the people had never been to a trunk or treat! We had a chili cook off and a costume contest as well. You'll never guess who won awards for the most unique and hilarious costumes again! Ressa was not amused by this point. Maybe next year she will go a less traditional route! We still have another party and then there is the actual Halloween night itself, so the fun is just begun!

10 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

I love the costumes. I think it is awesome that all of you dress up. Like I commented on Lucy's...Reid and I are not really into dressing up but it looks like so much fun. You're kids are too funny, I love the whoopie cushion!!! You look great as cleopatra. What a fun tradition. Miss you!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Who knew you loved Halloween? I am the original Halloween Scroug. But I cheer for my friends who are crazy enough to celebrate with gusto!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Love how all the costumes turned out. Where is your husband's? Your boy's costumes are a crack up

Heather said...

Oh how funny.. I read Kathy's comment before even looking at the name of who said it.. I thought to myself.. who do you think you are? I happen to know that MY mother is the original Halloween scrooge! And then I looked one line up to see that hey.. that IS my mother. HA!

I get my Halloween laziness from her unfortunately.

BUT your costumes are AWESOME. That Wheaties box is the BEST. I totally burst out laughing when I saw that. SO funny!

Happy Halloween!

uniquelynat said...

your whole family had great costumes. the boys are hilarious! you all did a great job again this year. thanks for the fun! (what part we made it for anyway)

Danielle said...

The costumes are great, Sarah! Chase's costume is homemade this year. At our house, homemade is synonymous with tacky! Ugh!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

You guys looked great! we had a blast! Can't wait to see what your boys come up with next year!

Tiffany said...

I loved all your costumes! I didn't know ya had a blog! Fun fun!

Marci McLain said...

You all look great! I think it is hilarous that Carson couldn't decide between the toliet and whoopie cushion. Looks like a lot of fun!

Laura said...

i think the wheaties box is my favorite!