Sunday, August 9, 2009

At long last


On June 18th, after 2 long months, I finally got my cast off! Actually, my appt. was supposed to be for the day before but the dr.'s office called and asked if they could reschedule for the following day. Sure! It's not like I had my heart set on it or anything. But being the good sport I am, I went in the next day. What a relief to have that thing gone once and for all! You have to look closely at the leg on the left in the picture to see the difference in size and also the light tan line from my cast. I had such anxiety throughout the casting. Like the time I accidentally sat up in the bathtub to help Lauren open a water bottle and absentmindedly put my whole cast in the water. I had to wait until the following day to get that soggy mess taken off, so that night I woke up and started tearing off my cast, convinced that I had to take it off before all my clammy skin fell off. Chad woke up to the noise and put an end to that bizarre spell. What a kook! I wore a walking boot for another month after the cast came off and eventually was able to walk around pretty well with it on. Here is the not-so-subtle scar that I am left with. I have been walking without the boot for 3 weeks now and have a slight limp due to tightness. Doc said I should be relatively back to normal by November. My foot, that is.




Before you get all feeling too sorry for me, check this out!

Having this bad boy is the best thing ever!




2 comments:

Laura said...

First of all, great legs! Second, lets go to disneyland, does the handicap pass work there?

Marci McLain said...

I will agree about the handicap privilege. It is fabulous. I really try not to use mine when I don't have Sabrina with me, but it is hard. I am so used to it. Although, got a nasty note in CA this summer about me being what is wrong with America and whatnot.