Saturday, August 15, 2009

We've come along way, baby!

Yep! Against all odds, Chad and I made it to the 10 year anniversary mark! What odds? O.K. We really were never up against any obstacles, unless you count our advanced years (in mormon age) and stubborn personalities. When we got engaged and our mother's spoke to eachother, Elaine warned my mom that I would have my hands full with Chad and my mother warned her right back about me. So I guess you could say we were meant for eachother. After just 1 1/2 months of dating and a 2 month engagement, we were sealed in the Portland, OR temple on August 13, 1999. That, of course, was Friday the 13th. We sure love to test fate! Here is our engagement photo... And here we are, just 10 years later. Older, wiser, a little heavier and wrinklier, but happy and still in love. In the eternal scheme of things, 10 years is just a blink, but here and now I feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that we have made it this far.
We have been blessed as we have worked together to tackle problems and challenges along the way, coming out closer to eachother and to our Savior. Without His love and direction, I don't know how marriages make it past a year. By keeping our covenants, we have avoided many pitfalls that can destroy a marriage. When we have made a mistep, we have been able to support one another and help them get back on track. Yes, our stubborn pride rears it's ugly head now and again. We both could have married some else that we could have walked all over, but where is the fun in that?
I love this man and I look forward to what adventures lie ahead for us!


5 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah Happy Anniversary!! You look beautiful in that picture of you and Chad today!!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look even better today than 10 years ago. How many people can say that?!

You made it against all odds?! You are hilarious!

Lea Ann said...

I don't know how I missed this posting. But you are gorgeous! I too think that age has made you both better. Maybe not in temperment but in looks. Ha Ha!

Danielle said...

Somehow your blog didn't update on my list...I completely missed this post! So cute you two were and are. Congrats on the 10 years. In worldly lingo, that is 50 years, so way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you are stubborn? I didn't know that. Congratulations to you and Chad! I know we think we look better when we're younger, but your 10 year picture is perfect. Happy Anniversary!