Sunday, August 9, 2009

Girls Weekend



Pinetop, AZ doesn't even know what hit 'em when 6 1/2 of the silliest, loudest, most obnoxious, and feistiest women came to town. O.K. Enough about Erin. (Hee hee!) This marked the 2nd annual Girls Weekend Extravaganza Jubilee Retreat Escape up at Erin's parents "cabin". Once again, it was too short but tons of fun.
We welcomed newcomer Amy to the group, along with her baby girl Katie (hence the 1/2 previously mentioned). Normally children are not in attendance, defeating the whole purpose of the weekend (and I would also have change the super cool name of the weekend altogether). But this year we held an emergency meeting and unanimously amended the bylaws, and made an exception in this case. By emergency meeting, of course, I mean that Erin called me and said that Amy was bringing her baby, and by unanimous, I mean Erin told Amy that it would be fine and that no one would mind.

Since the weekend is now over, we can officially announce that Katie is the bestest little baby in the whole wide world and award her with the MVLP award (most valuable little person). Her presence at GWEJRE 2009 was a sheer delight, not to mention a big hit with the town folk since she seemed to be the only infant within a 10 square mile radius. We would also like to add that having Amy there this year was also pretty nice and she behaved reasonably well, only getting into ONE fight with a restaurant hostess.

I had especially been looking forward to getting pedicures at the great nail salon there since my feet (or foot, rather) has been needing some TLC for awhile now. A cute little bookstore is right next door, so those who were waiting could pop over there for a while. Here is the money shot of our gorgeous piggies!


Dang, Amber! Your foot could use a little sun! Mine is the one in the middle bottom with the white zebra stripes. From mine going clockwise is Amber, Carmen, Amy, Erin, and LeaAnn.



Amy brought a basket of crafting goodies to make flower clips for our girls' hair. I have been wanting to learn to make them, so I was a little more than enthusiastic about the project. Carmen acted aloof and bored by the whole idea, playing 5 Crowns with LeaAnn (has only boys) and Amber. Carmen has 2 girls, so after some persuasion, she reluctantly started playing around with the flowers. After a few minutes, and a couple cute results, Carmen was a women possessed and couldn't be stopped! I will post some pictures later of some finished product. It wasn't long before our supplies were about gone so we needed to make a run to Walmart.
That is, after Erin's insistance that we stop and grab a bite to eat first.

We went to an Italian restaurant in town that Erin had been to a couple times, Pasta House. The food was terrific, without a doubt. The service? Well, let's just say, without going into great detail, that Amy and little miss hostess thingy there are not going to become friends on facebook anytime soon. Wow. That woman was a piece of work, wasn't she? Do you think she is stressed out because of the recession, Carmen?

Speaking of Amy, here is Katie, watching us make flowers. Isn't she precious?







We sure love to talk and talk and talk. Even until 4:30 am if necessary. Chad called and asked what we were up to. Talking, getting pedicures, making flower clips, eating, and more talking. He doesn't get it, of course. LeaAnn, I am so glad my friends have become just as much yours (if not more so since you still see them more!). I am grateful to Erin's parents in letting us stay in their house and have our little "reunions"! We missed you, Carrie! Hope you can come next year! Rebecca, we missed having you there, too, but glad we could stop and see you and baby Brock and the family on the way up!


Thanks, ladies, for a memorable weekend! See you in 2010!




5 comments:

Jessica said...

Well you'll have to tell me where you guys got your feet done! I live in Snowflake, and its so hard to find a good place to go! Also you guys should try Hungry Jacks (I think that's what it is), but it is BBQ, and it is very yummy!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I must say, I am completely jealous!

Lea Ann said...

That name takes longer to say then the actual weekend. But it was a blast and can't wait til next year.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah I am jealous since I was somewhat denied coming last year since I had a baby!! Well I couldn't make it, but that is besides the point since it was pointed out I had a little baby and not allowed anyway!!!

Marci McLain said...

Hopefully, I can make it next year - if I am still invited after not coming to the first two. Looks like you had a great time.