Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 5: Bluff Fort, Utah

By this point of the trip, being away from home for 5 weeks, I was ready to be home. But I was so glad we stopped in Bluff, Utah to see Grandpa & Grandma Rowley. We arrived on a Friday night and they put us up in a nice sized bunk house for a couple nights. We woke up Saturday and Grandma bought each of the kids a gift from the gift shop there at the Bluff Fort Museum. They have been serving a mission there for three months already and have really been enjoying what they are doing there!


It was too hot to do anything around there so we did alot of driving around San Juan County to see the sights. First we went to the San Juan River, then to the Goosnecks, followed by the Natural Bridges National Monument, and then drove up to Elk Mountain. We had such a great time!







We hiked down below the viewing area at the Goosenecks and Chad found this hat and hiked down to fetch it. I had lost my sunglasses so I was glad to have it to shade me during our hike. Plus, it matched my shirt perfectly! Score!



we climbed down three of these ladders to get to the bottom



Here is a large toad!















No comments: