Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cans, cans, cans!

I forgot to take a BEFORE picture, so imagine this hallway wall stacked with food storage. Boxes of dehydrated food and cases of cans, sitting there for months until I could organize and put away. I didn't know what I had down here so it needed to be organized so I would stop buying things I already had plenty of!I bought this shelf 7 months ago but was not going to fit where I wanted it to go so it sat in a box. I decided to just put it in the guest room. As I was stocking the rows, I realized that I may have a 2 years supply of evaporated milk, chicken noodle/tomato soup, and fruit cocktail. I can't believe I bought 2 cans of fruit cocktail just 2 days ago because I didn't know how much I had!
This is the closet under our stairs that was supposed to hold ALL things food storage. Unfortunately you can kind of see that the floor is taken up by sump pumps, pipes sticking out of walls and there is also a large air condition unit in there. I guess these things had to go somewhere when they built the house, but I was still disappointed. We had them put these shelves in where they could to salvage some storage space.  This project took all day to complete but I feel so much better! Besides, the young men were coming to sleep in the basement for youth conference and I didn't want them playing football with baked beans and peanut butter cans!








7 comments:

Hollie said...

That looks great! I am sooo jealous you have room for the food storage and it's all orderly. Maybe one day...

Marci McLain said...

Good job. I am so proud of you for getting everything organized!! It looks great. I wish I had as much room and as much stuff to store.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Awesome job Sarah!! If only I was there to help you!! JK!! But I am grateful you have taken my room and cluttered it with cans. Thanks!!

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks great!! I really need to get one of those shelves too... I don't even know what I have for storage most of it is in boxes still. I bet you feel so much better with it all organized and put away. Looks like you have a lot of stuff already...awesome job!!!

Diana Carver Photography said...

Where did you get the shelf unit?

Sarah Rowley said...

i got the shelf on shelfreliance.com but I think Costco and some walmarts sell them.

Heidi said...

Oh wow, I am so jealous of your organizational skills and all that food storage! Good for you!