Thursday, November 20, 2008

GOOAAALLL!!!

Happy day! Jackson scored his first goal in his soccer game tonight! I was so excited, jumping up and down and shouting. I was the only one screaming because Coach Carrie lost her voice after the first game on Tuesday. Tonight her older son was running up and down the sidelines with her, acting as her voice and yelling to the players what she wanted them to do. Pretty funny!
The past four years have been pretty stressful for me when it comes to watching my boys play sports. Carson and Jackson are small and not particularly fast so I get discouraged that they don't get the ball very often. Carson has chosen not to play basketball and soccer this year and I was fine with that. I'm hoping he will play baseball though. Jackson still loves to play all sports and this year soccer is on a bigger field and there are actual positions. I am so proud of how well he listens to the coach and follows her instruction. There are some really good soccer players on his team, but Jackson is hanging in there and tonight he made the only goal of the game!