Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanks, Frank & Elaine!

There are many benefits to living next to Chad's parents. Here are just 3 reasons...
#1 -Yesterday, Veteren's Day, I asked Frank to help me apply some sealant to our slate tile in the bathroom. It took us a couple hours and the fumes were pretty potent. We wore masks, but they didn't seem to help much. It has been 36 hours and our house still smells pretty bad. Chad and I slept in the guest room downstairs and we couldn't use our favorite pillows because they had absorbed the fumes. Anyways, the end result is terrific and hopefully we won't have to do it again for a few years. I am so grateful to Frank, for all the help he gives me and our family. I am usually too impatient with projects to wait for a weekend when Chad isn't too busy with scouts or service. Frank is very handy and supportive!
#2 - So we were careful to make sure we didn't paint ourselves into a corner and when we finally finished, we stood in the bathroom doorway and admired our handy work, finishing in just enough time to change our clothes and take the kids to see "High School Musical 3". Change our clothes...clothes...my clothes are in the closet...the closet is through the bathroom...the floor is covered in wet lacquer...HOW AM I GOING TO CHANGE MY CLOTHES?? You can see the outfit I was wearing below. Maybe if I was going to Walmart or the Dollar Tree, I would say, "Sure. No problem. Who cares?" But to the movies? I quickly thought about the laundry and wondered if I had done a load recently I could find something to wear. Nope. I had put it all away the day before. Shoot! And my toothbrush? I hadn't brushed my teeth yet and that is clear on the other side of the bathroom, but I knew I could climb up onto the counter and walk across to get it and my makeup. Still though, no clothes. I guess I would have to stay home from the movie and let the kids go with Grandpa and Grandma. Grandma! That's it! Fortunately, Elaine and I wear the same size clothing! I hurried down to her house and asked if I could borrow some clothes and she hooked me up right away! Thanks, Elaine!
And #3 - Taking us to the movies! As I mentioned, we saw "High School Musical 3" and it was fun! The kids had asked me if we could go and see it on their day off from school. Then in the morning Elaine called and asked if they could take the kids to see a movie. It worked out perfect and they even let me come along! Carson and Jackson sat mesmerized through the whole movie, Ressa like it but lost interest in the last 10 minutes, and Lauren fell asleep half way through in Grandpa's arms. The movie was a lot longer than I thought it would be, so Carson missed his piano lesson, Ressa was late for her dance class, but Jackson was ontime to soccer practice. It was a busy but good day. Too bad Chad didn't have the day off! His day was not as fun, delivering and picking up flags for scouts before and after work, then off to roundtable meeting for scouts. Sorry, honey!

5 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Oh come on your outfit isn't that bad!!! Your so vain!!! JK That is a pretty funny story!! And you can't complain about the cold up here for thanksgiving because if I remember correctly you volunteered my house for it!!

LucyH said...

Ooh, that floor looks good! And you do too even in your grubbys. I love in-laws!

Danielle said...

You are indeed lucky to have your in-laws so close! I would give anything for Chase to have gmas and gpas so close! And, the bathroom looks incredible! Good job!

Heidi said...

The bathroom looks great and your in-laws really are awesome!

Life in the circus said...

Its so nice to have someone to always be able to count on. I think your whole family is like that. Your boys are great coming to cub scouts and they worked really hard along with Chad and Ressa cleaning up the town. Im grateful for all of you!