Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tammy...Tammy

Funny story and I know it's a bit confusing, so bear with me... So Tuesdays are usually a busy day for me, and this particular day, more so than most. After school Carson had piano at 3:30 then Ressa had dance at 4:00 and Jackson is now in soccer and he had a game at 5:30 and then I had a PTO meeting at 7pm. I needed to go to Casa Grande earlier to get Jack some shin guards and cleats so I put Lauren down for a nap at Grandma's house and left. After driving to several stores to find what I needed (no luck w/ cleats and shin guards I bought ended up being too small) I headed back to Coolidge. The kids have just started riding the bus and so it occured to me that I needed to call the school and stop them from getting on the bus so Carson wouldn't be late for piano. I came home first to get piano books and dance clothes then drove to school to get kids. Dropped off Carson to piano at Tammy Judd's house for his 1/2 hr lesson. Drove to Walmart with Jackson and Ressa to get some shorts for soccer (only $3!) and some more eye patches for Jack. Then drove to dance and took Ressa into change for class while Jackson waited in the car, not wanting to go inside because I made him wear a patch and he is self conscious. Got Ressa ready and chatted with some parents for a bit then headed home to feed Buck, get Lauren from Grandma's, type up agenda for PTO meeting and get Jackson ready for soccer game. Lauren is still napping so I get everything done in 1/2 hour and then just as I am ready to leave at 5pm to get Grandma and Lauren for the soccer game, the phone rings. "Hello?" "Hi, Sarah. It's Tammy." I think to myself, Tammy...Tammy. Tammy Judd, Carson's piano teacher. "Just wondering if you were alright." Carson' piano lesson ended an hour ago. What happened?!! Here I was, thinking that I had juggled my busy schedule effortlessly. How did I forget to pick up Carson? I felt so stupid! Tammy was so nice about it and hadn't called until later because Carson was fine there, playing with her kids. After a while she thought something might have happened.
There goes my mother of the year award! Shoot! And I was so close! Ha ha! I managed to pick Ressa up from dance on time and then get Carson before Jackson's game started, so it all ended up fine. The end.

9 comments:

LucyH said...

And you still have time to blog. Show off. THe funny thing is that Aaron was just asking me last night if your kids take piano lessons, because he saw a silver honda at Tammy's house. I have no idea! Well, question answered!

Sarah Rowley said...

Show off? It looks like you typed your comment at 3:30 or 4:30 in the morning! What person under the age of 50 is up that early and on the computer? I know you have to feed Elsie but...Show off.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

That's hilarious. If only those things were spread out throughout the week and not all on one day. Of course you tackle it all in one day and can enjoy the rest of the week.

Unknown said...

Sarah-
You make me laugh, however I know how it feels when you leave a child. It hurts. We love our kids so much. We never want anything to happen to them.
Better luck next time.
Cant wait for the movie.
Carrie

Kathy’s Korner said...

Welcome to the real world! That sounds exactly like many of my piano lesson, soccor, game, baby feeding days. Enjoy! They come to an end way too soon and then you will wonder how you did it all and miss those kids. Sounds impossible huh? But is is true! We sure love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That story just makes be glad I decided not to put the boys in anything this year. Because I would probably end up doing that as well.

Unknown said...

:c) I will still vote for you for Mother of the Year, Sarah!! ;c)

Reid and Brittney said...

Haha..that is too funny. You crack me up. At least your day ended up great with everything accomplished. I must say I am glad I don't have to worry about that yet but I know that day will come before I know it. You amaze me with all you do. You are definitely mother of the year, in my eyes. Miss you!!!

Danielle said...

Well, if you are going to have to "forget" him somewhere...sounds like you picked a great place! Jeff and I each thought we had Chase with us after church and both ended up coming home without him. I raced back to the church to find Chase sitting with his CTR substitute teachers saying, "Yeah, my mom and dad forget me all the time". Fibber!! First time!! Definitely does make the crown to Mother of the Year seem a little tarnished!