Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tammy...Tammy

Funny story and I know it's a bit confusing, so bear with me... So Tuesdays are usually a busy day for me, and this particular day, more so than most. After school Carson had piano at 3:30 then Ressa had dance at 4:00 and Jackson is now in soccer and he had a game at 5:30 and then I had a PTO meeting at 7pm. I needed to go to Casa Grande earlier to get Jack some shin guards and cleats so I put Lauren down for a nap at Grandma's house and left. After driving to several stores to find what I needed (no luck w/ cleats and shin guards I bought ended up being too small) I headed back to Coolidge. The kids have just started riding the bus and so it occured to me that I needed to call the school and stop them from getting on the bus so Carson wouldn't be late for piano. I came home first to get piano books and dance clothes then drove to school to get kids. Dropped off Carson to piano at Tammy Judd's house for his 1/2 hr lesson. Drove to Walmart with Jackson and Ressa to get some shorts for soccer (only $3!) and some more eye patches for Jack. Then drove to dance and took Ressa into change for class while Jackson waited in the car, not wanting to go inside because I made him wear a patch and he is self conscious. Got Ressa ready and chatted with some parents for a bit then headed home to feed Buck, get Lauren from Grandma's, type up agenda for PTO meeting and get Jackson ready for soccer game. Lauren is still napping so I get everything done in 1/2 hour and then just as I am ready to leave at 5pm to get Grandma and Lauren for the soccer game, the phone rings. "Hello?" "Hi, Sarah. It's Tammy." I think to myself, Tammy...Tammy. Tammy Judd, Carson's piano teacher. "Just wondering if you were alright." Carson' piano lesson ended an hour ago. What happened?!! Here I was, thinking that I had juggled my busy schedule effortlessly. How did I forget to pick up Carson? I felt so stupid! Tammy was so nice about it and hadn't called until later because Carson was fine there, playing with her kids. After a while she thought something might have happened.
There goes my mother of the year award! Shoot! And I was so close! Ha ha! I managed to pick Ressa up from dance on time and then get Carson before Jackson's game started, so it all ended up fine. The end.