Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Activities Committee

I just want to say how much I love our ward activities committee! It has been almost two years since I was put on the committee with Lois Pew. In those two years we have had so much fun planning a luau, two trunk-or-treats, A Night In Bethlehem, Valentines Dinner/Newlywed Game, BB Q's, a carnival, a thanksgiving feast/turkey bowl, and this last Christmas program. Every event has been well planned and well attended by a supportive ward. I call our committe the dream team because everyone has a vital role to make it successful. Granted, some roles are less important than others. For example, my role is to keep everyone's feet on the ground since we tend to get carried away with our BIG ideas. It's a small role, but it does keep us out of trouble and within our budget. Lois has almost everything you can possible imagine to decorate a church gym. Lisa is a close second in that department. Mike and Jamie are great. Mike can build us anything we can think of, including the spectacular stable we used for this year's nativity! Now I admit none of us have actually "enjoyed" one of these glorious events per se, but we hear that people have a good time. We are so busy running around the whole time and are so exhausted by the time it is over! But I know that it is all worth it, as our ward family grows closer together. THANKS YOU GUYS!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You're right, we so ROCK!!!!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

You guys have done an awesome job! If ever we can't attend a ward party I'm sad cause I know I'm missing out on a good time!

Can I get a copy of that pic of Tucker as a wiseman?

Kathy’s Korner said...

I LOVE YOUR ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE TOO!