Friday, December 5, 2008

Daddy is Home! At least I think it's daddy...

After searching high and low, Chad finally shot his first elk on the fifth day of his 7 days of hunting. Unfortunately, his dad and brother were unsuccessful. It isn't very big but it was the one and only that he saw and it was taking a drink near the road. They were driving in the truck early in the morning, he saw it, jumped out of the truck, and then shot it. Not quite the "hunt" he had imagined, but at least he didn't have to haul the elk out of a ravine or something like that!
They all had a great time and that is what is important. I am so glad to have my husband back! There was no cell service where they were, so it has been hard not being able to talk very much! One time he was able to get through, and Lauren wanted to talk to him the whole time! I finally had to tell her to back off - it was my turn!


Speaking of Lauren, this is what I found when I got back from taking the older kids to the bus stop this morning! So cute! I told Chad it was a good thing he came back a day early so that Lauren was still alive to see him. She has been really missing her daddy and driving me crazy! None of us are incredibly thrilled with Chad's facial hair. Ressa wouldn't kiss him goodbye this morning and I am tempted to give him his Christmas present early, if you know what I mean!

3 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Glad he is back and safe, even better that he got an Elk. My dad and brothers went this year and didn't get one...bummer. Yeah I am not fond of facial hair either.

Reid and Brittney said...

such a cute picture of him and Lauren!!!

Jeremy said...

That's a nice rack Chad!