Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Movie Reviews

Twilight - 2 1/2 stars
Quantum of Solace - 5 stars
A couple weekends ago I went a saw "Twilight" with Sarah, Erin, LeaAnn, and Carrie. We had a great time, definitely laughing more than we should. My friend Erin had already seen it and so she kept snickering throughout the whole movie. I had to keep elbowing her to stop! Overall it was entertaining. I had to give it only 2 1/2 stars because half of me liked it because I loved the book. The movie buff in me , the other half, was tortured by the screenplay, editing, and acting. I have to give 5 stars to the delicious treat that Erin introduced to me! She poured a whole box of hot tomales over her buttered popcorn. It tasted like cinnomon rolls! Yum! I ate too much and felt a little sick. Afterwards we went to an italian restaurant called BRIO my sis-in-law Hollie recommended. It was very tasty! Thanks, Hollie!
The night before, Chad and I went and saw James Bond and I sure was not dissapointed! I loved EVERYTHING about it! I talked about it all the way home and started to drive Chad crazy. The action scenes are incredible and can you believe NO love scenes! This is Bond we are talking about! I mean, sex is implied, and he does kiss a nearly naked women on her back, but that's it! It was a pleasant departure from the typical Bond, but what it lacks in the sack is made up for with violence. I had to give it 5 stars and can't wait for the next one!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hey..nice review.. and fun crowd for the movie! I have to agree with you on the twilight review. I wanted to LOVE everything about it. You know us.. we're Perrins'. We are easily entertained and just love to be in front of the screen. But man did it leave some to be desired. I thought it was ok, but could've been so much more. Hopefully in the future they will have a bigger budget to do more with it. I did LOVE Edward though. LOVED him.

We went to see Quantum of Solace Saturday night and it was SOLD OUT. I was severely bummed. So I still haven't seen it.. but I'm dying to!

Danielle said...

Well, I haven't seen either of them. So, your review helps. I think I am planning on skipping Twilight and running to Bond!!

Carrie Perrins said...

Thanks Sarah.
I LOVED Twilight. I haven't seen Bond yet.
Maybe soon.
Carrie