Monday, December 15, 2008

Dance Recital





Ressa had her first ballet/tap dance recital on Saturday. She was supposed to wear black pants and a Christmas shirt and she had nothing like that. I was up to my elbows with Carson's diarama for his book report, so I asked Chad if he would take her to Walmart and get her something. He didn't put up a fuss and gladly took her and Jackson. Well after some considerable time I realized that Chad hadn't called to ask for her size or to say he couldn't find any black pants. So I called to see if everything was o.k. He said they were on their way back and that he had found the clothes just fine. "You didn't think I could handle it?" "Well, how did you know what size to get her?" "I just looked at the label on the clothes she was already wearing." "Wow. Good thinkin', honey!" I didn't tell him that the clothes she was wearing were hand-me-downs and one size too big. They are play clothes so I don't mind. So when Ressa got home I was curious to see what they came up with. The black leggings were actually boys sweat pants and the shirt is red with Rudolph and his red shiny nose that lights up for real! So funny! I had to roll up the waist band on the pants and roll up the shirt sleeves, but you know I was so grateful to Chad for helping me out. And wouldn't you know that there were two other girls with the exact same shirt at the recital! Ressa was so happy about that! She did such a good job and had a big smile on her face the whole time! I was trying to upload the video but I can't figure it out. Oh, well!

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

If I ever get time with your mom, I need to get her hooked up to your blogs. She is missing all these wonderful pictures! What a cute little girl this is! She is just a doll!

Heidi said...

Sarah, I keep forgetting you have a blog! I won't anymore it is so cute! Ressa is the cutest girl ever I swear and Emmi would die for the Rudolph shirt! Chad reminds me exactly of Scott, that is so funny!

Danielle said...

She is a doll! Oh, the joys of little girls!

Birgitta said...

She is such a pretty girl! :)

I love it when husbands figure things out on their own.

Anonymous said...

Ressa is sooooo cute.