Monday, December 8, 2008

Rain gutter regatta?

You would never have guessed that I was raised with 7 brothers by how clueless I am about cub scouts. Rain gutter regatta? What in the world is that supposed to mean? All I know is that I gave Chad the boats in a box and he took over. Sanding, spray painting, stickers, everything. Chad has been involved with the scouting program for most of our 9 years of marriage. It is finally paying off now that C & J are in scouts! This Saturday was the regatta and the boys "raced" their boats against eachother, blowing on the sail to make it glide along the rain gutter. Pretty simple! I was decorating for the ward Christmas Party inside the church all morning but I was able to step out when it was the boys' turn to race. Carson got 2nd place which is why he has the red ribbon! I was very proud of how he handled the loss in the championship race. I could tell he was dissappointed, but he masked it very well and was happy for Gavin.

Here is one of Carson's races.

Here is Jackson displaying his hot air!

Gavin 1st place, Carson 2nd place, and Juan 3rd place.



All 14 of the racers and their boats.







1 comment:

Danielle said...

Aren't scouts fun!? What I can't get used to is how warm it looks there. I served my mission there and I still can't get used to it!